Former Detroit Lions WR Titus Young was arrested twice, on the SAME day! This is really turning into kind of a sad story. A guy with a lot of talent, maybe unlimited potential, is throwing it all away because he can never think to remain humble or see the predicament his past behavior has gotten him into. Titus Young‘s selfish attitude got him a bus ticket out of Detroit after a 2012 full of erratic self-serving behavior. The St. Louis Rams brought him in without paying him a dime and decided that he was not right mentally and cut him and to top all that, Titus Young was arrested twice, on the SAME day!
So before we get to all that. In honor of Titus Young, who thought he was a better receiver that Calvin Johnson, let us make a list of all the ways Titus actually is better than Megatron:
1. Getting cut by NFL teams.
2. Getting arrested, twice in one day is quite a feat.
3. Route running – When a rookie LT knows you are lined up in the wrong spot, maybe you need to spend some time with the playbook.
4. Tweeting – We could say Titus Tweeted his way out of Detroit. He certainly Tweeted his way out of the hearts of Lions fans
5. Random Insanity – Ya no comment on that one because this is a talented kid who needs to figure this out fast – before it gets really sad, like Charles Rogers sad.
So the story goes like this. Sunday Titus gets arrested for DUI and they police impound his car. Later that afternoon, Young was spotted in the police impound lot trying to get his wheels back. Titus Young Sr. staying classy! How much trouble will he actually be in? Probably won’t amount to much but this is certainly not going to help him land another job in the NFL or the CFL. He may get some headline seeking arena team to give him a shot but maybe his next call should be to Tony Dungy or someone of that ilk who can help Titus gets his life back in order.
We all know how stories like this usually end.